Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Still wears you down


Today would've been Jim and Kate's 14th wedding anniversary. I remember it because we got married the same year. It was one heck of a great summer that year. Jaker's 3rd birthday was on the 5th. The "wrongness" of Jim not being here for it, started me in this funk. A whole pan of brownies funk. Yes, it was emotional eating. Every time I took one of those brownies out of the pan, I knew that I was eating because I was sad Jim wasn't here to see Jake turn 3. My funk has lasted right up to today. I'm sad Jim's not here to celebrate his marriage and family with Kate. The brownies are gone, but I will be raising a glass to Jim and Kate tonight, and wiping away the tears. It seems we've all lost someone special, so tonight, join me in raising a glass to remember the one you love. If you're lucky enough to have not lost, raise a glass for my brother and count your blessings.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

:( I like the picture.

Judester said...

You were a cutie. I still remember you riding in the back of Aunt Kate's jeep. Uncle Jim put your toddler seat back there and off you went with them, thrilled they'd taken the top off. I'll also never forget the time they took you on the pirate ship at Seabreeze. You had a smile as big as all get-out, and they came off with about a dozen grey hairs each!

My Bookshelf

Powered by weRead