Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pink Ribbon Run


Today I ran the Pink Ribbon 5K Run with my friend Cheryl. Cheryl is a breast cancer survivor. I didn't hesitate a single second when she asked me to run it with her. My neighbor Melissa joined us. We had a great, although chilly, run this morning along the lake shore. There is a section of the run where you are heading up a slight hill - we were blown away by the sea of pink climbing that hill. Survivors, supporters, and, unfortunately, women running for a cure for breast cancer in memory of someone they'd lost. It was an amazing show of strength and will. Next Sunday, I run the Lilac 10K in my brother's memory. But today was about beating the beast. Today, I was running with my friend - a survivor.

1 comment:

Cheryl Trelly said...

Thanks, Friend...you made me cry a little......it truly was an awesome day. I'm so glad you experienced it with me.

My Bookshelf

Powered by weRead