Monday, December 03, 2007

Two years and just nine seconds!


HEADING TO THE FINISH LINE!

Well I made it through the Jingle Bell Run! Let me tell you, it was snowy and chilly on the way there. I've been going to the chiropractor for a few weeks trying to resolve a plantar fasciitis issue. I had it last year too, only I kept running without treatment and had some tendons decide to let loose on their own. OUCH! So I was pretty pleased that I finished in 30:31 - under a 10 minute mile. I'd say that was pretty good for being over forty, but the top woman finisher was 45 and she finished in 19:56. OUCH again! I also didn't beat Jim's best time. He did the Charlotte Skyline 5K RUN on APRIL 23, 1999. He came in at 27:15:
JIM MARVENTANO 29 M CHARLOTTE NC 27:15 8:48.
I also didn't beat his worst time: Hopebuilders 5K Charlotte, NC, October 16, 1999
JIM MARVENTANO 30 M CHARLOTTE 29:56 9:40
I've got some work to do!


Jim laughed so hard when he saw my baby blue neck gaiter. Mom gave me a matching hat, gloves, and coat too, so Jim really got to see a picture of the full dork effect! I miss his teasing so much.

This is the photo on my shirt. It says "Running with an Angel - Jim Marventano 1969-2007"

So how do I get to the title of my post - Two years and just nine seconds?
From Johnny's Run Like Hell 5k in 2005: Judi Kling F 40 30:40
From Jingle Bell 5k in 2007: Judi Kling F 42 30:31
In two years worth of running, I've improved a total of 9 seconds. Ugh!


A portion of the Dashing Reindeer team, waiting for the start.

I ended up raising $585 - beyond my goal of $10 for every year I had the privilege of being a big sister. So I'm pretty proud of that. I'm going to try and keep running for Jim. Today the snow is coming down horizontally, so it's going to be difficult to stay motivated, but he was so proud of me for doing it that I have to keep going. Next up? The Lilac 10K in May. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

My Bookshelf

Powered by weRead