Friday, December 21, 2007

What would you say?

So here's my dilemma — Kate got the idea from her grief support group of putting up Jim's stocking, writing him a letter and having the kids draw him pictures, then put them all in the stocking. Mom liked the idea and thought it would be helpful for us to do too. I thought the idea was great until I actually thought about what I should write. Now I'm overwhelmed with indecision.

When I went out before Jimmy died, our last conversation was "the goodbye for now" discussion. As I pondered what I needed or wanted to say to him, I realized that there was nothing left to say - we had lived our lives as brother and sister that left nothing unsaid. We knew we loved each other, adored each other's children, and had been there for one another 150%. So I said that and he agreed. I told him I loved him, would miss him every day I had left on earth, I made him promise to meet me when it was my time, and that was that. Okay, well that was that with lots of tears, a huge lump in my throat, and a searing pain in my heart.

When I heard the song "Your Long Journey" off of the Raising Sands CD, it spoke to me. I put together the video clip on this blog that showed that togetherness, the happiness, the love, I had for my little brother. The lyrics of the song expressed my emotions. I don't feel any different today than when I put that together. Perhaps I'll burn the video to DVD, write a short note, and put that in the stocking. Hopefully, Mom won't think that's a big cop-out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW...I am having a hard time typing through my tears! I never saw that till now! It is a great idea Judi...you are so special! Love, Jeri

My Bookshelf

Powered by weRead