Friday, January 04, 2008

A few thank yous...

I want to say thank you to a few wonderful family members whose Christmas gifts to me this year said "Your brother was proud of you for running. We're proud of you too. Keep it up!"

To my husband and his mom - who went in together and bought me the ultimate runner's gadget...a GPS monitor watch. Like Jimmy, I LOVE gadgets and technology. We couldn't wait to tell each other about a cool thing we found or bought. I wish I could tell Jim all about this. I know he'd have to have one too...only he'd get one with just a few more features, so he could say his was slightly better than mine. ;-) This new watch will keep me honest and motivated to keep moving! Mileage on my run list is now GPS calculated.

To my sister-in-law, niece and nephew - who bought me the coziest, fleece-lined jacket and pants. The jacket has a zipper pocket for my MP3 player. The sleeves have long cuffs that go down over most of your fingers; there's a cut out in the cuff for your thumb; and under the cuff is a little flap to tuck your fingers in when you first start out and are cold. It's very useful on those days when you only need gloves for the first 5 minutes and then have to carry them the rest of the way, hoping you don't drop one! It's been in the single digits when I ran the past two times, so this outfit has already gotten lots of use.

To my mom and dad - who bought me a second set of fleece-lined pants, so I don't have any excuses about skipping a second run on a particular week because the pants Kate gave me are in the laundry and it's cold out (like today)! They also gave me a fleece headband and gloves to layer up.
Now if I could just get my left foot to give me a break and heal up. It's not much fun limping through a run...

No comments:

My Bookshelf

Powered by weRead