Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tired of old-man winter

So last night I was really, really sad. I missed Jimmy - A LOT. And after 17 years, I still missed my Gram.

I've never been a huge fan of winter. I don't do any winter sports (or any other season's sports for that matter) and it's difficult to motivate myself to get outside. I'm cold all the time. Just ask Mark who has to listen to me complain about it day and night.

Now I'm ready for the cold to break. I'm ready to get my hands in the dirt - my gardens are my passion. I have so many, I really can't keep up with them, but I try. There's just something so beautiful about gardens.

Jim died and we went into the worst time of the year for me. I want to see the hyacinths bloom. I want to get in my gardens and be with my thoughts. I want to be surrounded by beauty. I promised Jimmy that we'd create a memorial garden for him with a bench that had a plaque (his idea)— a special place each of us could sit and remember him amongst beauty and life.

I'm ready to start that garden. I really, really, really want winter to be gone.

No comments:

My Bookshelf

Powered by weRead