Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We are women, hear us roar!

Today, Kate and I took the 3rd row seat out of my truck and drove down to the Cosco in Milwaukee to pick up 725 lbs worth of Sunray Playset for the kids! Jim would've been proud at our ingenuity getting it unloaded and into the backyard. We didn't lift it! We scooched it to the edge of the truck and lowered it onto the Amish-made wagon Mark and I bought Rachel. Mark uses our wagon to move the racecar engine around, so I figured this wagon would definitely move a 200 lb box! We then balanced each box on the wagon and moved the boxes one by one to the backyard.

The most difficult part of our day was deciding we were two tough chicks for having gotten the swingset by ourselves, and attempting to move Jim's lift chair to my truck. Even dismantled, the bottom part was very heavy and we struggled with it - but we got it out of the house without any broken bones, broken chair parts, or dings to the walls or doors in the house.
I'm sure Jim was shouting at us "DON'T DO IT!!!" the entire time, but we are talking about his sister and wife after all...two headstrong, take no shit women. We conquered today, and I hope he's now smiling at us, even as he's still shaking his head at us in disbelief.

No comments:

My Bookshelf

Powered by weRead