Sunday, February 17, 2008

Even happy things make me sad


The other day, Mark and the kids somehow ended up chasing each other around the house with Nerf dart guns. They were having a blast, as you can see in the photos. The house was filled with laughter. And yet, here I was really, really sad. I was upset that Rachel, Jake, and Jim won't have times like these. As both Kate and I have said before "There must've been a mistake made." Any day now, they can tell us there was a mistake - they meant to take the child-molesting, serial killer and give him cancer, not the devoted and loving husband and father of two small children. And then they can give us our Jimmy back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean.I even feel bad doing fun things!! We are going on the Disney cruise in April and I soooo wanted Jim and Kate to be with us...I asked Kate but she just can't swing it right now! Maybe next year. I miss Jim so much!!!!!! Love ya and don't feel bad having fun...Jimmy would be mad at you! Jeri

My Bookshelf

Powered by weRead