Friday, February 22, 2008

The Spirit of the Marathon

My neighbor, and used-to-be running partner (before she became gainfully employed), talked me into going to The Spirit of the Marathon movie last night. It was really pretty good. Neither of us thought we'd survive 2 hours of watching other people prepare for and run the Chicago Marathon in 2005, but we did. It held our interest and semi-motivated us. I thought "Okay, I can do the Disney Marathon once I get over this foot problem." She thought "Okay, I guess I can start running again." ;-) Not sure I want to do a big city marathon like Chicago. I'm not a city-girl, nor do I care for crowds...so 40,000+ people all jammed into the lakefront roads of Chicago doesn't really sound appealing to me. But Disney just sounds like fun and that's what I'm looking for. One of the highlighted runners in the movie ran across the finish line in 6+ hours. Heck, I think I can do that! (Famous last words.)

No comments:

My Bookshelf

Powered by weRead