Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oh my god, I need SLEEP...

Mark's snoring. Well snoring isn't exactly descriptive of the sounds and motions coming from his side of the bed. He starts off with a rattle, kind of a wheeze. I've sat there reading and thought "Hmmmm... the man's mouth is closed. How the heck is he making that sound?" And "Why doesn't it wake him up?"

I've tried ear plugs - they can get me asleep through the rattling. But about 2 am, the snoring and jerking starts. If the loud snoring noises don't wake me up, him jerking himself awake and then flopping around to shift positions does.

I've tried sleeping on the couch. That's animal territory and they aren't pleased someone is sleeping in their domain. I've gotten licked, sniffed, purred, and batted at.

Then I tried sleeping with a kid. They move A LOT! And they kick. I've got the bruises to prove it.

I've even tried a little Advil PM - the PM part doesn't help in the early AM when the ruckus starts.

I know he doesn't do it on purpose and he'd stop if he could. But gosh darn it, I NEED SOME SLEEP.:-( We've got an appt at Strong next week - wish me luck!

No comments:

My Bookshelf

Powered by weRead